Wednesday 10 December 2014

9 December 2014

Colin with his little illuminated angels
Colin is overdoing the decoration of the shop with flashing angels and crackers;  Eileen, Mark and Ricky are unimpressed.  
Ricky is in a hurry to visit the computer shop
Mark tells them that he and Ricky are going to have the best Christmas ever, but Ricky is keen to buy a present from the computer shop.
Garry is still drinking . . . 
Garry orders another drink from Siôn, who remarks that it is rather early for drinking whisky, but Garry answers, “You’re the barman, not a counsellor!”   
. . . when Hywel joins him
Hywel comes in, and accepts a pint from Garry in gratitude for what he did last week.
"I had my chance with Dani – and look what I did!"
Garry tells him that they are very similar;  “It took you years to find Gaynor and be happy – be grateful you’re so lucky.   I had my chance with Dani, and look what I did!”
"After that, Dani had to see me with Sheryl!"
“Run away,” says Hywel, and Garry continues, “And after that, Dani had to see me with Sheryl, didn’t she?   We go back years, and I think the world of her – there will always be something between us.   A shame that Dani can’t understand that.   She’s gone and I’m not sure she’s coming back!”
Ricky and Mark doing Spanish . . .
In the café, Mark is trying to help Ricky with his Spanish homework;  
. . . but they are given tips by Gabriela 
when Gabriela comes in she is able to help with some of the nuances of the language.   
Debbie boasts of running a wine bar . . .
Debbie reveals that she learned some Spanish when she ran a wine bar in the Costa del Sol, 
. . . or perhaps being a barmaid in an Irish pub
but Mark says she means she was a barmaid in an Irish pub in Marbella.   As she coaches Ricky, Meic looks from behind the counter and smiles.
"Hywel is taking me to Swansea"
Gaynor is having her hair done in the salon, but regrets that Hywel will not notice;  she tells Sheryl that Hywel is taking her to a Chinese Restaurant on Swansea Marina, and it would be nice to spend the night.   Gaynor also feels sorry for Dani, and says Sheryl must feel lonely in the salon on her own.
Now Hywel does not want to go to Swansea
When Gaynor finds Hywel at the Deri, he has lost enthusiasm for going to Swansea, with the excuse that he has a lot of work to do.   When she suggests staying overnight, he is dead set against the idea.   
Gaynor says that she will take Sheryl to Swansea instead, as she appeared to need cheering up, but then Hywel wants to stay at home with her instead.   
Siôn prepares for his Christmas Evening
Meanwhile, Siôn is putting up a poster about the Christmas Evening.   Then Hywel suddenly decides he needs to make a phone call from work, so dashes off.
"I thought you were going to Swansea!"
Lately, there is only one place Hywel dashes to, and he soon arrives at Sheryl’s.   “I thought you were going to Swansea,” she remarks, but he says censoriously, 
"You're willing to sleep with Garry – but not with me?"
“You and Garry should be more careful, and at least lock the doors.   I know – he told me you slept together last night!   How long has this been going on?   You’re willing to sleep with Garry but not with me!”
Sheryl is understandably furious at this accusation;  “How dare you?   I don’t have to listen to this – get out!” she replies.   
"Don't ever come back – you pig!"
He says he is going nowhere until she tells him why she deceived him, and she explodes, “You’ve deceived me, by comparing notes with Garry!   I thought you were different, and I expected a little respect!   Go back to your wife, and don’t ever come back here – you pig!
Meic and Gabriela see how the film is coming along
In the café Meic and Gabriela look at the film so far, and he admits that he has treated Debbie shabbily just recently.   “We were more than friends, if you understand, and when I found out about the illness, I finished with her, to save her the stress.”   
"I find it easier to talk to you"
He tells Gabriela that Anita is different – they understand each other.   He apologises for telling her all this, but finds it easier to talk to her than anyone else in the village.   “You can tell me anything,” she replies.
Colin is Santa-inflating
As Colin inflates a number of Santas, Eileen is losing patience;  Colin tries to sell Debbie tinsel and Christmas lights, then sees Siôn passing outside and tries the sales pitch on him.
Gabriela intends to go home to Patagonia
Gabriela tells Siôn that she will probably not be at the Celebration on Thursday, as she intends to go home;  she cannot bring herself to tell Meic the truth.
Gaynor is tired of old misery Hywel
Gaynor is getting tired of Hywel’s attitude, and as they sit at the bar in the Deri, with Garry, still drinking, nearby, Sheryl comes in.   Gaynor tells her, “My date tells me he has more important things to do than look after me,” 
"He'll give you more attention from now on!"
to which Sheryl replies, “I’ve heard that he’s been very busy lately, but I’m sure he’ll give you more attention from now on.”
Gaynor invites Sheryl to share the wine bottle, and they go to a table, leaving Hywel and Garry at the bar;  
"I wouldn't do that to Dani!"
Hywel asks him, “Why did you say you slept with Sheryl?”
Garry is puzzled;  “I didn’t – Sher and me are ancient history, and I wouldn’t do that to Dani!   Anyway, Sheryl is very happy at the moment, she told me she has a new bloke in her life.”
Hywel enquires, “Did she tell you anything else?”
"You know who he is, don't you?"
“Why do you ask?” says Garry, then realises, “You know who he is, don’t you?”   Hywel’s silence speaks volumes;  
"I'm right, aren't I?"
“It’s you!” and Hywel entreats him to keep his voice down, but Garry chuckles, “I’m right, aren’t I?”
Siôn urges Gabriela to tell Meic the truth . . .
Upstairs, Siôn goes to talk to Gabriela, urging her to tell Meic the truth before it is too late, but Gabriela is adamant that what Meic needs are friends, and that is what she is.   
. . . "And if you don't tell him, I'll have to!"
Sanctimonious Siôn know what is best and tells her, “If you don’t tell him, I’ll have to!”
Garry asks Hywel, “Which one is it tonight – Gaynor or Sheryl?   Just don’t hurt her, that’s all!”   When Garry goes to speak to Geraint at the end of the bar, Sheryl comes over.   “Which of your conquests are you discussing now?”
Hywel tells her that he got the wrong end of the stick, but she continues, “I’m glad I’m the topic of such interesting conversation!   You’re just like every other man.”
"How would your wife feel about . . ."
Just as Sheryl asks him, “How would your wife feel about . . .” Gaynor approaches and enquires, “About what?”
". . . about your husband arranging for you to go to Swansea after all!" 
“About your husband arranging for you to go to Swansea after all!” says Sheryl, triumphantly.   Hywel does not look terribly pleased, but agrees with what Sheryl said.

No comments:

Post a Comment