Tuesday 9 December 2014

8 December 2014

Profits are down, with all that champagne they bought last week
In the Deri, Siôn complains about how little profit they made last week, and suggests that Garry should contribute, but Britt urges him to give them a chance to sort things out.
Dani ignores this call
Dani pours herself a glass of orange juice, sees that Garry is calling her mobile and rejects the call.   
Garry looks at the passports and tickets
At the other end, Garry thinks, then looks at the passports and plane tickets.
Sioned makes pointed comments about Sheryl
Sioned and DJ are in the café when Sheryl comes in;  Sioned remarks, loudly enough that Sheryl can hear, “If I were Dani, I’d take him for every penny he’s got;  something serious must have happened there!”
Then she shouts to Sheryl, “Have you seen Dani?   Someone said you had been seen with Garry.”   
"Keep your noses out!"
Sheryl denies any connection with Garry, and tells Sioned, “It’s about time that people in this village kept their noses out of other people’s business!”   
"A stirrer — me?"
DJ accuses Sioned of being a “stirrer”, but she replies, “Me?”
"Why aren't you shouting at me?"
Gethin arrives at the garage and apologises to Garry, and wants to know if anyone has been asking for him.   He demands of Garry, “Why aren’t you shouting at me?”
Garry replies, “You have a mountain of work to do, as I am going away – on my honeymoon.   You usually have to get married first, so call it a holiday.”   
Garry gives Gethin a difficult challenge
Then he confronts Gethin and orders him, “You have a lot of grovelling and persuading to do!”
Gwyneth tries to fit DJ into the costume
In the business units, Gwyneth and Sioned are giving DJ a fitting for the santa suit.   Sioned is still going on about Sheryl being in the middle of whatever it is, and telling Gwyneth that it would be a good opportunity for her to press her claim for custody of Gwern, while Garry is vulnerable.   DJ simply describes them as, “Gossiping like a pair of old women!”
Dani is slicing some cheese when there is a banging on the front door, and she hears Gethin’s voice.   She ignores it, but he soon comes in through the back;  
"Listen to what I have to say"
“I know you don’t want to see me, but listen to what I have to say,” he pleads.   “Garry had no choice – he had to rescue Sheryl.”
"He didn't have to sell the handbags"
Dani does not agree;  “Of course he had a choice – he didn’t have to sell the handbags!”   Gethin tells her that Garry had stopped, and it was he who carried on, using Garry’s name.   “I knew something was going on with you two,” Dani continues, “I thought the wedding was more important than anything, and now he’s sent you to do his dirty work for him!   You’ve both made such a fool of me!”
Gwyneth tries to take advantage of Garry's situation
Gwyneth hurries to see Garry, suggesting that Gwern can stay with her while he sorts himself out.   “You’ve jumped at the chance, haven’t you,” he replies, 
"I'll be taking care of Gwern!"
“But I’ll be taking care of him now.”   When she sees the suitcase, she asks him where he is going, and he replies that he and Dani are going on honeymoon, as they have sorted things out.
"You can't expect me to lie!"
Then Sheryl storms round to Garry’s, complaining that everyone is talking about her;  “You can’t expect me to lie, while they are all pointing their fingers at me.”   She is incredulous when he tells her that Dani is going away with him;  “After what you did to her?”   
"I've messed up well and truly this time!"
Garry concedes that he has, “Messed up well and truly this time.”
Gethin tries to persuade Dani
Gethin makes Dani a cup of tea, and stresses that Garry could have married her and left Sheryl to her fate;  “Goodness knows what might have happened to her.   But he didn’t – Garry has a conscience!   Don’t lose sight of how happy you were;  you’re meant to be together!”   He then admits to her that he wanted her to be proud of him, as she is proud of Garry.   “I didn’t want to be your useless little brother, who can’t do anything right.   
Dani does appear to be having second thoughts
This mess is entirely my fault – don’t throw everything away because of me!”
Gwyneth puts the finishing touches to DJ's costume
Gwyneth returns to the workroom, reporting to Sioned that Garry still believes that he will be going away with Dani.   Sioned seems very keen that Gwern should be with his mother, and says, 
Sioned incites Gwyneth to lock horns with Garry
“You saw what he did to Dani, you need to do something about it.   This is your chance to get what you want!”
Britt suggests a social evening
At the Deri, Britt concludes that they need a social evening, with DJ telling her that he has a lovely voice after a couple of pints.   
"Our first Christmas in the Deri!"
She tells Siôn that she wants something special for this, their first Christmas in the Deri.   “I’m determined to show people that we mean business!”
Sheryl appears to be alluding to Randy Hywel
Garry hopes that both he and Sheryl will be happy one day, and Sheryl replies, “I am now, with a man who means the world to me.”   She stresses that Dani is the one who makes him laugh, and stands up to him.
Can there ever have been a more inappropriately timed hug?
“You have to believe in your relationship, fight for her now, and look after her,” urges Sheryl, and Garry hugs her, but then is aware of Dani standing in the doorway.
"I'm more of a fool than I thought!"
“I’m even more of a fool than I thought!” says Dani.   “Sheryl came to give you a little comfort?”   She picks up her passport and plane ticket;  Garry tells her he has packed her case, and that they can still go together – it will be a chance to sort things out.   
Dani is embarking on a holiday — alone
“There is no you and me, there’s nothing to sort out.   I’m going alone!” she replies, and leaves the flat.
Gwynfor does not fancy Siôn's green cocktails
Behind the Deri bar, Siôn is experimenting with Christmas cocktails, which Gwynfor, at the far end, finds quite amusing, preferring his pint.   

Gethin predicts, "They'll be back together before long" . . .
Gwyneth comes in insisting that Gwern would be much better off with her, but Gethin comments, “They’ll be back together before long – it’s not over by a long way!”
. . . but Garry does not have the same confidence
However, when Gethin goes to see Garry, he is told that Dani is going on holiday alone, although Gethin thought he had persuaded her, and she was ready to talk.
"She's left me!   And it's all your fault!"
“She’s left me!” Garry roars at him, “And it’s all your fault!”

No comments:

Post a Comment