Monday 15 December 2014

12 December 2014

Meic has found a photo of Mair James
Meic searches though boxes and albums of photos, then compares one with the photo which Gabriella left.   
Gabriella's wasted plane ticket
Soon, as Gabriella is looking at her unused plane ticket, Meic walks in, wanting a chat.   Gabriella did not expect he would want to see her again, but he explains, “I have some recollection of meeting your mother once or twice, but why did she not contact me?”
Gabriella explains why her mother went to Patagonia
Gabriella tells him that her family were very religious and were ashamed, so, afraid that her parents would force her to give away her baby, she went to Patagonia for a new start.   Meic show her some photos and says that they have reminded him of a period of his life he had totally forgotten.   
"Are you telling me the truth?"
“Gabriella, are you telling me the truth?” he asks, with tears in his eyes, and she confirms that she is.
The "suffering" Eifion visits Bryntirion
Diane is surprised when Eifion hobbles into Bryntirion and accuses Dai of not replying to his solicitor’s letter.   Dai’s response is, “Some of us are busy doing an honest day’s work!”   Eifion tells him that there is photographic evidence, “Proving how dangerous your equipment is.”
"You know where the door is!"
Dai calmly replies, “MI5 spy, are you?   You have been a busy bee!   You know where the door is – it’s the one you just came in – get lost!”   Eifion turns to leave, and gets to the door before Dai reminds him he has forgotten his crutches.   He grabs them and hobbles out.
"He's deceiving us!"
Dai tells Diane, “He’s deceiving us!   How do you think he came here?”   When Diane suggests he came by car, Dai asks, “Did you hear a car?   He couldn’t drive in his “condition”.   He walked – I smell a rat!   Something’s not right.”   
When Diane warns against his making a fool of himself in front of Eifion, Dai reminds her who was responsible for forgetting to renew the Public Liability Insurance.   
That fool Efion won't get the better of the Ashursts!"
“That fool Eifion won’t get the better of the Ashursts!” he vows.
Anita is incredulous
Meic reveals to Anita that Gabriella is his daughter, but she cannot believe it, and says she could be anyone, telling lies.   
Anita is very antagonistic towards Gabriella 
Confronting Gabriella, Anita tells her, “Meic is a sick man and doesn’t need this;  the next months are going to be painful enough without you making things worse.”
Meic tells Anita that he met Mair James over thirty years ago in London, but Anita protests that was when he was with her.   
"I must seize the chance!"
Meic insists, “Now I have a chance to get to know my daughter, and I must seize that chance!”
Anita does not know what to think
Anita walks out, and Gabriella does not want to come between her and Meic;  she says that her mother probably hoped he would come looking for her.   Meic concludes, “She must have thought I was not a fit dad for you.   I neglected my responsibilities as usual.   
Meic bewails his failures
I don’t blame Nansi for turning her back on me and giving up Kevin for adoption;  I didn’t know about Darren’s existence for years, and now you, my little girl!”
Gabriella concerned about Meic's state
After Meic suffers another fit of coughing and takes a tablet, he tells Gabriella he is glad that he knows, as he did not want to go to his grave, not knowing he had a daughter.   “Leave Anita to me,” he insists, “She will come to her senses.   She’s my rock – we’ve been through some tough times together.   I’m not sure how long I have left, but I want to spend it with the two of you.”
"It will be our first Christmas together – and our last!"
He urges Gabriella to stay with them for Christmas, although she doubts if it is a good idea.   Meic laments, “It will be our first Christmas together – and our last!”
Anita tells her troubles to Diane
Anita goes to Diane’s and pours out her woes;  “He cheated on me!   How many more women did he have on the go?”   Diane tries to calm her by pointing out, “Raking up the past will do no good.   Are you going to let this spoil the time you have left together?   
Diane reminds her that Meic is not the only unfaithful one
You were not completely faithful to Meic, either!”
"Aren't you coming to collect your pint?"
In the Deri, Dai buys Eifion a pint, and invites him to come to the bar and collect it;  
"He almost forgot his crutches earlier"
he tells Ows, “He almost forgot his crutches earlier,” and asks Eifion, “How did you get to Bryntirion?   You walked, didn’t you?”
Eifion replies that it took him quite a while, then Dai gives him his pint, warning him, 
"I'm keeping my beady eye on you!"
“I’m keeping my beady eye on you from now on.   One little slip, and I’ll be down on you like a ton of bricks!”
Photo of a very young Meic
As Meic shows his old photos to Gabriella, Anita gets back, and is no more conciliatory;  
"This Mair James, did I ever meet her?"
“This Mair James, did I ever meet her?   You kept your life in London and at home separate.”   She refuses to talk to Meic, “With her here!” so Gabriella leaves to give them some space.   “Yes, go and don’t come back!” comments Anita.
Anita does not believe Gabriella's story
Anita demands, “How many women were there?   It may have been a fling, but she had your child, or at least that is what that girl is claiming!”
Meic admits that he had not thought of Mair’s name for over thirty years, but must concentrate on the present, and he cannot undo the past.   He asks Anita for a big favour – to let Gabriella stay with them over Christmas, but she flatly refuses;  
The thought of Gabriella being there at Christmas appals her
“No Meic, I can’t!”   Meic tells her he needs her support now more than ever.
The phantom cameraman lurks . . .
As Gabriella leaves the Deri with her belongings, heading for number 10, Dai is hiding, armed with the camera on his phone.   Eifion hobbles out of the pub, then drops his key as he is about to open the door of Angela’s house.   
. . . and catches Eifion bending easily
He nimbly bends to retrieve it, and Dai captures the moment.
"Go and hide, you coward!"
Dai shouts, “I’ll get you next time!   Go in and hide, you coward!”
When Gabriella comes in, Meic takes her bags upstairs, and Anita launches another tirade.   “If you have an ounce of sense, you’ll leave now!   Meic needs rest, not added stress!”
"My father has asked me to stay . . ."
Gabriella is quite adamant;  “My father has asked me to stay, so that is what I’m going to do.”

"I'm not willing to share you with anyone!"
Anita is insistent, and tells Meic, “I want to look after you like I’ve always done, but I’m not willing to share you with anyone!”
Gabriella is in for an awkward Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment