Wednesday 19 November 2014

18 November 2014

Sioned finds a ring while searching for her keys
Sioned is looking for her keys, and, feeling in the pocket of Ed’s hoodie, finds the ring.   When Ed prepares to go to work, she asks him to pick up something for dinner;  “I like surprises,” she says, “Have you been Christmas shopping?”
Ed cannot afford Christmas presents
“What would I use for money – buttons?” he asks, and adds that it is over a month to Christmas.   “I can’t wait until then!” exclaims Sioned, and tells him she found the ring;  
"The answer is 'I will'"
“The answer is, ‘I will,’” she tells him.   
"Sorry, the ring is not for you"
He breaks the news that it is not for her, but it belongs to Dani, he found it in the taxi and there is a reward for finding it.
Sioned asks why he has not returned it, and he explains that he has been thinking if he bought a cheap replacement that looked the same, he could collect the £150 reward, and then sell the real one, so they could pay their bills.
"We deserve a bit of luck"
“We are working all hours for pennies – we deserve a bit of luck, and Garry has plenty to spare,” Ed argues, but Sioned replies that does not make it right.
Dani is turning the flat upside-down
Meanwhile, Dani frantically searches in the flat, and Garry admits they may have to buy a replacement.
Jinx thanks Gethin for helping Ffion . . .
Ffion and Jinx see Gethin in the street, and Jinx thanks him for helping Ffion with the new baby, then apologises to Ffion for telling Gaynor.   
"It's too late now!"
“It’s too late now – the damage is done!” she grumbles.
Dean turns up early
As Garry is in the garage office, looking for some MOT paperwork, Dean arrives, and Gethin tells him the bags will not be available until 3:00pm, as they had arranged.   
He puts Gethin in his place
“I call the shots, not you, Garry!” growls Dean, and tells Gethin to make sure they are ready at three.   
"Don't worry, it was only a rep"
When he has gone, Gethin tells Garry he was a rep.
"I don't know which hurts most"
When Ffion returns home for lunch, she is still angry with Jinx, and tells him, “I don’t know which hurts most:  not being able to see baby Gethin, or you betraying me!”
"I had to do something"
Jinx responds, “You two, and hopefully another one, are my life – I don’t want anything else.   I know that what I did was wrong, but I had to do something.   You don’t appreciate anything I do.”   He leaves to pick up Arwen.
"I'll take the ring back if you want"
Ed offers to take the ring back to Dani if that is what Sioned wants, but she has by now changed her tune, and does want him to find a cheap replacement, 
They try to justify their plan
“But be careful!   It’s not as if we’re stealing – not exactly,” and Ed adds, “We just happen to be in the right place at the right time.”   Sioned insists, “It’s not hurting anyone!”
"They're not as special as the one you bought me"
Dani and Garry are in a jeweller’s shop, looking at rings;  “They’re all pretty, but not as special as the one you bought me,” she laments, and Garry suggests trying another shop.
Arwen, playing with her blocks
Arwen arrives home with Jinx, and the three of them play with her blocks.   
"I can understand why you did it"
“We haven’t done this lately,” says Ffion, “I can understand why you did it,” and when Jinx emphasises that their family is what really matters, she agrees, “You’re right, this is where I belong, not with Elliw.”
Arwen's hoodie bears the slogan, "I AM IMPORTANT"
Jinx tells her he is surprised she did not panic or pass out when faced with delivering a baby.   Ffion goes for a walk to clear her head, and assures him she will not go see the baby;  she will look at the adoption book when she comes back.
Ed seems to have found the very one – and only £40
Ed arrives at the same jeweller’s, and asks to see some cheaper rings, as he has lost his job.   Among the selection he finds one which is identical to the expensive ring, and which only costs £40.   
On seeing  Garry and Dani, he retreats to the back of the shop
He is alarmed when he sees Dani and Gerry come back in, and hides at the back of the shop.
Dani tries on a ring, but soon comes to the conclusion, “If I don’t get my ring back, I don’t want one at all!” so they leave.
Big man Dean returns at three o'clock
Dean returns to the garage, throwing his weight about;  “People don’t mess me about!   Show some respect!   Maybe I have changed my mind – I have got other suppliers.”   
Another successful transaction
Gethin manages to placate him by allowing a £100 discount, and Dean pays up and leaves.
Although the rings are identical, Sioned is pessimistic
Ed reports back to Sioned and shows her the £40 ring, indistinguishable from the real one, except for the weight.   
Then he embarks on stage two of the plan, visiting Garry’s flat and returning the ring, which he says he found in the taxi, which Dani used to go shopping the other day.   
Dani is overjoyed to have her ring back
She is overjoyed, and the reward is duly handed over.   
"It's prettier than I remember"
When Ed has gone, Dani remarks, “It’s prettier than I remember!”
Ffion goes to see Gethin
Ffion visits Gethin at number 7 to report that her differences with Jinx have been overcome, and that she really should not have told Gethin they were cousins.   
"You know where I am," Gethin assures her
He agrees not to tell anyone, and assures Ffion, “If there’s any problem, you know where I am.”   Ffion goes home, and he is exceedingly disappointed that their friendship will not now progress.
Sioned is pacing up and down when Ed returns, and produces the £150 reward.   
"I'll sell this tomorrow"
Taking the other ring from his pocket, he says, “I’ll sell this one tomorrow, and then we can pay the bills.   Dani is delighted, and everyone’s a winner.   Trust me!”
Sioned does not look rapturously happy
As they embrace, the guilt is obvious on Sioned’s face.

No comments:

Post a Comment